Back to photostream

Caunton Nottinghamshire

Looking east across the south chapel to the 19c pierced panelled timber pulpit . The south arcade was widened when a chantry chapel, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, was constructed under the will of Robert de Caunton (Calneton) in 1349. A low arch on the south wall is presumed to have housed Robert’s tomb and/or his effigy, of which no trace survives. - Church of St Andrew, Caunton, Nottinghamshire

176 views
0 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on January 25, 2017
Taken on April 11, 2016