Back to photostream

Lewisburg, PA

Lewisburg Cross Cut Canal

 

Completed in 1833 as a part of Pennsylvania Canal. It was 5/8 mile long and had 3 lift locks. A dam provided slack water, enabling boats to cross the river, thus creating a great trade center here.

217 views
0 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on October 15, 2016
Taken on September 17, 2016