Back to photostream

Wien, 1. Bezirk (the art of not yet listed buildings of Vienna), Schottengasse/Schottenring/Schottenbastei (ehemalige Creditanstalt-Bankverein), on your right, Palais Ephrussi

Schottengasse No. 6-8, former Creditanstalt Bank Corporation (Schottenring)

Banking hall of the former Creditanstalt Bank Corporation

(further pictures you can see by clicking on the link at the end of page!)

The monumental and representative bank building is a major work of architects Ernst Gotthelf and Alexander Neumann and was created from 1909 to 1912 for the Vienna Bank Corporation. This required a ring road building of 1861-1863 to be demolished, it was the first demolition in the Ring Road area. The building itself was built in the neo-Secessionist style, and built on the exposed position from three sides free-standing on the corner Scots Ring/Scots Alley. Since 1934 it was the headquarters of the Creditanstalt Bank Corporation, in 2002 it went to Bank Austria.

The building is built around cross-shaped inner wings and four glass-covered courtyards. The central risalits become clearly apparent on the facades of the Scots Ring and Scots Lane. At the corner projections on the ring road can be seen over triangular gables plastic figures, each representing two young men with ship's bow and globe. The main entrance to the Scot Lane is a three-axis Doric portico with relief paneled door leaves. On It are children with fruits and flowers as well as an inscription with those cities in which branches of the bank were. The doors are signed by O. Csenasek. Above the portal and above the first floor there are reliefs of seated atlases. On the same level mask reliefs are continuously attached to all facades.

Inside the banking hall is remarkable. Atlases on pillars are wearing a partially stuccoed beam ceiling, among which are ornamented windows. The counters are paneled with wood. Above that is the two-storey ceremonial and meeting hall in those foyer the sculptures Human Cathedral of Fritz Wotruba (1946), Jumping horse by Herbert Boeckl (1936) and the bronze busts of the Director General Josef Joham and of the Trade Minister Eduard Heinl of Gustinus Ambrosi (around 1950) and 2 tapestries can be seen. Applies to all premises (office of the Director General, office of the President, mail reading room, large meeting room, small meeting room, management office corridor) that was placed on the use of solid materials, such as various types of marble, metals, precious woods, embossed leather, etc., special attention.

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schottengasse#Nr._6.E2.80.938_Ehema...

262 views
0 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on August 2, 2016
Taken on August 1, 2016