View allAll Photos Tagged oldmill
An authentic reproduction of an old water-powered grist mill, this striking structure appears in the opening scene of the classic 1939 film Gone with the Wind and is believed to be the only building remaining from the film. Built in 1933; designed to look old so it would appear as if it was built the 1800s. The park is decorated with sculptures of toadstools, tree stumps, and a tree branch-entwined bridge that connects the mill to the rest of the park. Senor Dionico Rodriguez, a sculptor and artist of Mexico City, was responsible for all the details of each piece of concrete work made to represent wood, iron or stone, as well as the designing of the foot bridges and rustic seats. The Old Mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Old Mill in North Little Rock was completed in 1933 and is featured in the opening scenes of "Gone With The Wind". The structure is a re-creation of an an 1880's water-powered grist mill and was built to appear abadoned.
See www.northlittlerock.org/entries.aspx?id=233§ion=1... for more information.
This old mill has been known as the J G Huff Mill, Algood's Mill, Butner Mill, and Yadkin Valley Mill. It is on Butner Mill Rd in East Bend NC in Yadkin County. Photography by Keith Hall Photography Elkin NC.
This is the single gate on Willimantic Dam No. 3 at the old American Thread complex. Currently, it's only used to bypass high water. This dam originally supplied water to power Mill No. 3, which has since been demolished.
An authentic reproduction of an old water-powered grist mill, this striking structure appears in the opening scene of the classic 1939 film Gone with the Wind and is believed to be the only building remaining from the film. Built in 1933; designed to look old so it would appear as if it was built the 1800s. The park is decorated with sculptures of toadstools, tree stumps, and a tree branch-entwined bridge that connects the mill to the rest of the park. Senor Dionico Rodriguez, a sculptor and artist of Mexico City, was responsible for all the details of each piece of concrete work made to represent wood, iron or stone, as well as the designing of the foot bridges and rustic seats. The Old Mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Yup, getting sucked into a trash rack could ruin your whole day. "Don't swim in the sluiceway darling..." (With apologies to Petula Clark.)
We caravanned down to the old mill in Vernonia, Nick following on his motorcycle. Saddest thing! The tetanus playground of the brickworks is gone, replaced by sewage ponds for new housing. So we were only able to tramp about the closer-in bunker stuff. Still fun.
This old mill has been known as the J G Huff Mill, Algood's Mill, Butner Mill, and Yadkin Valley Mill. It is on Butner Mill Rd in East Bend NC in Yadkin County. Photography by Keith Hall Photography Elkin NC.
This old mill has been known as the J G Huff Mill, Algood's Mill, Butner Mill, and Yadkin Valley Mill. It is on Butner Mill Rd in East Bend NC in Yadkin County. Photography by Keith Hall Photography Elkin NC.
An authentic reproduction of an old water-powered grist mill, this striking structure appears in the opening scene of the classic 1939 film Gone with the Wind and is believed to be the only building remaining from the film. Built in 1933; designed to look old so it would appear as if it was built the 1800s. The park is decorated with sculptures of toadstools, tree stumps, and a tree branch-entwined bridge that connects the mill to the rest of the park. Senor Dionico Rodriguez, a sculptor and artist of Mexico City, was responsible for all the details of each piece of concrete work made to represent wood, iron or stone, as well as the designing of the foot bridges and rustic seats. The Old Mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
An authentic reproduction of an old water-powered grist mill, this striking structure appears in the opening scene of the classic 1939 film Gone with the Wind and is believed to be the only building remaining from the film. Built in 1933; designed to look old so it would appear as if it was built the 1800s. The park is decorated with sculptures of toadstools, tree stumps, and a tree branch-entwined bridge that connects the mill to the rest of the park. Senor Dionico Rodriguez, a sculptor and artist of Mexico City, was responsible for all the details of each piece of concrete work made to represent wood, iron or stone, as well as the designing of the foot bridges and rustic seats. The Old Mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
This old mill has been known as the J G Huff Mill, Algood's Mill, Butner Mill, and Yadkin Valley Mill. It is on Butner Mill Rd in East Bend NC in Yadkin County. Photography by Keith Hall Photography Elkin NC.
An authentic reproduction of an old water-powered grist mill, this striking structure appears in the opening scene of the classic 1939 film Gone with the Wind and is believed to be the only building remaining from the film. Built in 1933; designed to look old so it would appear as if it was built the 1800s. The park is decorated with sculptures of toadstools, tree stumps, and a tree branch-entwined bridge that connects the mill to the rest of the park. Senor Dionico Rodriguez, a sculptor and artist of Mexico City, was responsible for all the details of each piece of concrete work made to represent wood, iron or stone, as well as the designing of the foot bridges and rustic seats. The Old Mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
A somewhat distant view of the Willimantic No. 2 Dam taken from the walkway on the old stone arch bridge. The only public, 'up close and personal' view of the spillway is from a nearby parking lot. On Sunday, the lot's gates are closed and there's no access.
An authentic reproduction of an old water-powered grist mill, this striking structure appears in the opening scene of the classic 1939 film Gone with the Wind and is believed to be the only building remaining from the film. Built in 1933; designed to look old so it would appear as if it was built the 1800s. The park is decorated with sculptures of toadstools, tree stumps, and a tree branch-entwined bridge that connects the mill to the rest of the park. Senor Dionico Rodriguez, a sculptor and artist of Mexico City, was responsible for all the details of each piece of concrete work made to represent wood, iron or stone, as well as the designing of the foot bridges and rustic seats. The Old Mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
This old mill is called Kapps Mill circa 1827,in Dobson NC in Surry County. The Mitchell River runs through it from Devotion to the Yadkin River.
An authentic reproduction of an old water-powered grist mill, this striking structure appears in the opening scene of the classic 1939 film Gone with the Wind and is believed to be the only building remaining from the film. Built in 1933; designed to look old so it would appear as if it was built the 1800s. The park is decorated with sculptures of toadstools, tree stumps, and a tree branch-entwined bridge that connects the mill to the rest of the park. Senor Dionico Rodriguez, a sculptor and artist of Mexico City, was responsible for all the details of each piece of concrete work made to represent wood, iron or stone, as well as the designing of the foot bridges and rustic seats. The Old Mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The remains of the gate structure at the lower Slater Mill Dam on the Pachaug River in Jewett City, Griswold, CT I wonder if the gates still exist, or if they've been sold for scrap? Parts of the trash rack from this dam have been used to build fire escape landings on the mill buildings. The building formerly served by this dam has been demolished.
We caravanned down to the old mill in Vernonia, Nick following on his motorcycle. Saddest thing! The tetanus playground of the brickworks is gone, replaced by sewage ponds for new housing. So we were only able to tramp about the closer-in bunker stuff. Still fun.
The Old Mill in North Little Rock was completed in 1933 and is featured in the opening scenes of "Gone With The Wind". The structure is a re-creation of an an 1880's water-powered grist mill and was built to appear abadoned.
See www.northlittlerock.org/entries.aspx?id=233§ion=1... for more information.