179 Triumph Herald 13-60 Saloon (1968) WWA 28 F
Triumph Herald 13/60 (1967-71) Engine 1296cc S4 OHV Engine 82,650 (including CKD export kits)
Registration Number WWA 28 F (Sheffield)
TRIUMPH SET
www.flickr.com/photos/45676495@N05/sets/72157623847263736...
The Triumph Herald was first introduced by Standard triumph in 1959, as a small two door 948cc, car with a body designed the Italian stylist Giovanni Michelotti, and the car was offered in saloon, convertible, coupé, estate and van models, with the latter marketed as the Triumph Courier.
Following a downturn in the fortunes of Standard triumph the company was taken over by Leyland Motors, releasing more funds to develope the Herald line up. The car was refreshed and relaunched in 1961 with a larger 1200cc unit a retitled the Triumph Herald 1200. An upmarket version, the Herald 12/50, was offered from 1963 to 1967. It featured a tuned engine with a claimed output of 51 bhp (38 kW) in place of the previous 39, along with a sliding (Webasto) vinyl-fabric sunroof and front disc brakes as standard. The 12/50, which was offered only as a 2-door saloon, was fitted with a fine-barred aluminium grille.
The power output of the 1200, which remained in production alongside the 12/50, was subsequently boosted to 48 bhp
The 13/60 was launched in October 1967 at the London motorshow The 13/60 was offered in saloon, convertible and estate-bodied versions. The sun-roof remained available for the saloon as an optional extra rather than a standard feature. The front end was restyled using a bonnet similar to the Triumph Vitesse's and the interior substantially revised though still featuring the wooden dashboard. Interior space was improved by recessing a rear armrest in each side panel. The engine was enlarged to 1296 cc, essentially the unit employed since 1965 in the Triumph 1300, fitted with a Stromberg CD150 carburettor, offering 61 bhp, the 1200 was sold alongside it until late 1970
Many thanks for a Marmalising
51,537,528 views
Shot 01.05.2016 Shot at Catton Hall, nr. Weston on Trent Derbs. REF 116-179
179 Triumph Herald 13-60 Saloon (1968) WWA 28 F
Triumph Herald 13/60 (1967-71) Engine 1296cc S4 OHV Engine 82,650 (including CKD export kits)
Registration Number WWA 28 F (Sheffield)
TRIUMPH SET
www.flickr.com/photos/45676495@N05/sets/72157623847263736...
The Triumph Herald was first introduced by Standard triumph in 1959, as a small two door 948cc, car with a body designed the Italian stylist Giovanni Michelotti, and the car was offered in saloon, convertible, coupé, estate and van models, with the latter marketed as the Triumph Courier.
Following a downturn in the fortunes of Standard triumph the company was taken over by Leyland Motors, releasing more funds to develope the Herald line up. The car was refreshed and relaunched in 1961 with a larger 1200cc unit a retitled the Triumph Herald 1200. An upmarket version, the Herald 12/50, was offered from 1963 to 1967. It featured a tuned engine with a claimed output of 51 bhp (38 kW) in place of the previous 39, along with a sliding (Webasto) vinyl-fabric sunroof and front disc brakes as standard. The 12/50, which was offered only as a 2-door saloon, was fitted with a fine-barred aluminium grille.
The power output of the 1200, which remained in production alongside the 12/50, was subsequently boosted to 48 bhp
The 13/60 was launched in October 1967 at the London motorshow The 13/60 was offered in saloon, convertible and estate-bodied versions. The sun-roof remained available for the saloon as an optional extra rather than a standard feature. The front end was restyled using a bonnet similar to the Triumph Vitesse's and the interior substantially revised though still featuring the wooden dashboard. Interior space was improved by recessing a rear armrest in each side panel. The engine was enlarged to 1296 cc, essentially the unit employed since 1965 in the Triumph 1300, fitted with a Stromberg CD150 carburettor, offering 61 bhp, the 1200 was sold alongside it until late 1970
Many thanks for a Marmalising
51,537,528 views
Shot 01.05.2016 Shot at Catton Hall, nr. Weston on Trent Derbs. REF 116-179