aquilareen
Toorak Gardens St Theodore’s Anglican church
The Good Shepherd. Window in memory of Eileen Williams, donated by Catechism and Sunday School children.
Church foundation stone 7 Feb 1914 by Bishop Arthur Nutter, architect Stanley Pointer of Woods, Bagot & Jory, nave opened 14 Oct 1914, vestry added 1954 in memory of WWII servicemen. After a fire Dec 1960, the rebuilding incorporated original plans for sanctuary, dedicated 4 Mar 1962. First church foundation stone 19 Aug 1899 by Dean Marryat, architect F W Dancker, sold 1924 to Education Dept, this building is now part of Rose Park Primary School.
“WILLIAMS— [Died] On the 6th April, at Hewitt avenue, Rose Park, Eileen Mary, loved elder daughter of Percy H. and K. Williams, in her 16th year.” [Register 7 Apr 1914]
“a stained glass window, with the figure of the Good Shepherd, was unveiled by Mr. A. D. Threadgill, secretary of the Sunday-school. It was subscribed for by the children of the Catechism in memory of a comrade, Miss Eileen Williams, who died some months ago.” [Advertiser 15 Oct 1914
Toorak Gardens St Theodore’s Anglican church
The Good Shepherd. Window in memory of Eileen Williams, donated by Catechism and Sunday School children.
Church foundation stone 7 Feb 1914 by Bishop Arthur Nutter, architect Stanley Pointer of Woods, Bagot & Jory, nave opened 14 Oct 1914, vestry added 1954 in memory of WWII servicemen. After a fire Dec 1960, the rebuilding incorporated original plans for sanctuary, dedicated 4 Mar 1962. First church foundation stone 19 Aug 1899 by Dean Marryat, architect F W Dancker, sold 1924 to Education Dept, this building is now part of Rose Park Primary School.
“WILLIAMS— [Died] On the 6th April, at Hewitt avenue, Rose Park, Eileen Mary, loved elder daughter of Percy H. and K. Williams, in her 16th year.” [Register 7 Apr 1914]
“a stained glass window, with the figure of the Good Shepherd, was unveiled by Mr. A. D. Threadgill, secretary of the Sunday-school. It was subscribed for by the children of the Catechism in memory of a comrade, Miss Eileen Williams, who died some months ago.” [Advertiser 15 Oct 1914